Saturday, March 20, 2010

Championship Woes Continue for the Huskies

In a game that saw the St. Cloud State Huskies jump out to a 2-0 lead :55 into the game, the Fighting Sioux of North Dakota won 5-3. It was a hard fought game by both teams. The difference in the game was the power play. UND scored three of their five goals with the man advantage to take home the Broadmoor Trophy. Congrats to the Sioux...

On another note, I must say that UND didn't pull any of the cheap crap I thought they may going into the game. It looks as though the feud with Aaron Marvin may be over...for now anyway. I was very impressed that someone didn't take a run at him or any of the other SCSU players. My hat goes off to the Sioux players. Some of the fans are still bitter about it, but many of them are pretty well over it. The Sioux fans that were sitting in front of us this weekend were a pleasure to talk with and banter with.

In other news, BC won the Hockey East title and secured the final number one seed in the tournament. UND will have the 5th seed and probably play out east. The Huskies are now in 6th and will most likely be in the west regional at the X with the Badgers being the number one seed there. Denver will claim another number one seed for the WCHA somewhere out east, most likely. The selection show is Sunday morning at 10:30 CT on ESPN2.

1 comment:

Eric J. Burton said...

I just found your blog and added you to my blog roll, I think you're the first real Huskie Blogger, I can't find any other ones.

I would say that the feud with Marvin and the Sioux isn't over yet, but took a break during the playoffs, Motzko is hoping, but is delusional if he thinks it is, it isn't. It will resume next season, I would bet money on it.